1. Match the word to the definition.
2. Gallery walk to gather information about rhyme and rhyme scheme.
3. Read "Any Human to Another" by Countee Cullen.
4. Record some adjectives that describe the way the poem makes you feel, picture, or hear.
5. Answer the reading questions with your partner.
Finish if you didn't finish in class. Due tomorrow.
Read and answer questions to "A Moveable Feast" by Ernest Hemingway. This assignment can be found on Google Classroom.
1. Identify a part of The Great Gatsby that we've read so far, that stands out to you. Why does that part stand out to you?
2. Class discussion on the book so far.
There are reading questions posted on Google Classroom for chapters 1-3. Each question should be answered using the AXES paragraph format.
Finish reading questions.
You have the period to work on your setting map and character chart, or to read chapter 3. Keep in mind that chapter 3 needs to be read by Monday and your setting map is due on Monday.
See above for what is due Monday.
1. We finished the activity from yesterday.
2. I passed out a character chart. Begin filling in the information we have about our characters so far. Be sure to include page numbers. This will be due at the end of the unit, so hold on to this!
3. Your task is to create a map of the setting in The Great Gatsby. Use the details of the book to make a visual of where this story takes place. Be sure to include:
Read chapter 3 and have setting map done by Monday.
1. Two question quiz to evaluate your understanding of the character skills from yesterday.
2. Take Cornell notes on the theme of class within The Great Gatsby.
3. Fold a piece of paper into thirds so you have three columns (not rows). In the first column, write down clues (in the form of textual evidence) that give insight into Nick’s view of his own class and that of the characters he encounters in chapter one.
Read Chapter 2
1. 10 minutes to work on finishing your reading questions from Friday and yesterday's close read that was due today.
2. Character. There is a worksheet and videos that go along with today's activity about characters. Be sure to make an appointment with me to view the videos.
Finish reading, annotating, and answering questions. Worksheet is due tomorrow.
1. Finish the close read from Friday. This also includes a videos and 8 reading questions, due tomorrow. Make an appointment with me after school or at lunch if you need to view the videos.
Finish reading questions.
1. First read of Gatsby. This assignment has a handout that goes with the assignment posted on Google Classroom. There are also videos that you will need to make an appointment with me to be able to watch.
Read Chapter 1 of The Great Gatsby.