Work on your rough draft of your short story. The due date was going to be tomorrow but I'm going to extend it to Friday. We will spend tomorrow working on our rough drafts in class and we will read them in small groups on Friday. With this extra time we should be able to produce better stories!
Keep writing authors!
You have today to write your rough drafts of your short story! All your prep has led to this! Let's get some solid writing done authors!
Work on your rough draft. DUE THURSDAY!
1. Write one full page on how different and similar Elie's experience in Night is with Bruno's experience in "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas."
2. I introduced S.S.R. or Sustained Silent Reading. Each week you will read from a fiction book of your choice. You will do a book talk with me to prove that you've read your book. For more information see the link below.
HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK!
Finished watching "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".
Bring your student ID tomorrow!
Watching "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" to compare Bruno's experiences with Elie Wiesel's experiences in the holocaust.
Introduced the Night final project. This is a Totally 100 Board. There are 15 options to choose from, each worth a different amount of points. You choose which ones you will complete for a total of 100 points. There are additional rubrics for some of the activities.
This is a major grade. All work should be original. All written work needs to be typed in MLA style; artwork should not be done on lined paper. All digital work can be turned in on Google Classroom under the title "Totally 100 Board - Final Night Project."
You will turn in your Totally 100 Board with your project(s) circled so I know what to look at when I grade them.
This was the only day (2 hours) in class given to work. Final projects are due Monday, April 24. Monday after break.
1. Review of tone.
2. Papers passed back that you will need for the test.
3. Kahoot! review game.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: The test will be 42 questions plus an essay question. Your essay question will be on how Elie has changed throughout the novel, so be sure to study your thinking map from Tuesday.
Night final test tomorrow!
Plot diagram due
Character chart due
Conflict chart due
Study guide crossword due
1. Study guide: crossword! Work on your own and try your best to do the crossword because this is for YOUR benefit. If you copy, you'll be less prepared for the test.
This is due Friday, the day of the test.
1. Create a Venn diagram or double bubble map to show how Eliezer has changed from the beginning to the end of the book. On one side you will have Elie at the beginning, and on the other you will have Elie in chapter 9. In the middle, put ways that Elie has stayed the same. Around the outside of your map, record events that happen in the book that directly change Elie.
2. On the back of your thinking map answer the following question: In chapter 9, Elie sees himself in the mirror for the first time since leaving the ghetto. What would that face say to sum up who he has become?
Study for test.