1. Review of tone.
2. Papers passed back that you will need for the test.
3. Kahoot! review game.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: The test will be 42 questions plus an essay question. Your essay question will be on how Elie has changed throughout the novel, so be sure to study your thinking map from Tuesday.
Night final test tomorrow!
Plot diagram due
Character chart due
Conflict chart due
Study guide crossword due
1. Study guide: crossword! Work on your own and try your best to do the crossword because this is for YOUR benefit. If you copy, you'll be less prepared for the test.
This is due Friday, the day of the test.
1. Create a Venn diagram or double bubble map to show how Eliezer has changed from the beginning to the end of the book. On one side you will have Elie at the beginning, and on the other you will have Elie in chapter 9. In the middle, put ways that Elie has stayed the same. Around the outside of your map, record events that happen in the book that directly change Elie.
2. On the back of your thinking map answer the following question: In chapter 9, Elie sees himself in the mirror for the first time since leaving the ghetto. What would that face say to sum up who he has become?
Study for test.
1. Lesson on tone. This lesson includes video clips, readings, and a worksheet to fill out. You will find the worksheet in the absent bin under the "27" tab for today's date. You will find the reading on Google Classroom under "Tone". The videos can only be access by me, so if you were absent, please make an appointment with me to view them.
2. When you finish with the worksheet, answer the question posted on Google Classroom: What is the tone of Chapter 8? Answer in AXES format. If you answer this late, you need to let me know so I can go back and give you a grade.
Answer the questions to Elie Wiesel's Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech.
1. Read Elie Wiesel's Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech. This assignment includes videos, and an assignment on Google Classroom. Please make sure you see me if you need access to these videos.
1. Last reading quiz!
2. Do reading questions, found on Google Classroom.
3. When done, work on your plot diagram, character chart, or conflict chart. These will be due soon!
None, but see number 3 above.
1. Vocab review. Fill in the blanks.
2. With a partner, create a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting Liesel Meminger's view of death in The Book Thief with Elie Wiesel's view of death in chapter 7 of Night.
3. How does Liesel Meminger (The Book Thief) view the presence of death differently from Elie Wiesel in chapter 7 ?
4. When done, work on either the plot diagram, character chart, or conflict chart. All three will be due soon.
Finish reading the book!
2. Story Structure: Night. We discussed the story structure of chapter 6 in Night. What are some patterns that you see within chapter 6?
3. Plot diagram. Looking at the story structure of the whole book so far. Today, complete the exposition, conflict, and three main events that effect Elie.